Pagination support on Content pages

Use Case

I have a section called “Stories”. Within that section I may identify any number of stories as “Features” with type: feature in the frontmatter. Paginating all Stories is easy through the section list template. I would like to be able to paginate only the featured Stories from a content page.

Alternatively it would be nice to list paginate content based on taxonomy within a section, too. For example, paginating all content in a section with a specific tag. I can list content with a specific tag with the use of shortcodes on content pages, but I can’t break them into separate pages.

You can’t accomplish this using a combination of Hugo’s multiple filtering and grouping options?

https://hugodocs.info/templates/pagination/

If you have, say, 100 pieces of content and wish to display them with an image the HTTP requests start to pile up. I guess the alternative solution is to do some lazy-loading. I think that’s where I’ll go next.

Right. But I’m talking about using the filtering methods in conjunction with pagination to get the results you want (e.g., only the featured: true posts). Does that makes sense?

I thought you could only have one instance of pagination per section.

Can you give me an example?