Hugo tools organization repo

I wanted to start a github organization of user/community vetted themes, shortcodes and other tools. There are lots of “stuff” out there but many repos are half baked, unmaintained or not well or un documented. I was thinking it would be good to have a central place for vetted stuff so others don’t have to waste time and effort searching for a good well though out and usable theme etc like I have done. I also thought that it might be easier if a person with a good tool put it there because they would get some help with maintenance etc.

I don’t want to step on any toes assuming the Hugo founder/organization (Steve, etc) itself would ok with this. I would like to use the Hugo logo to make easier for folks to identify since the word “Hugo” is pretty common being a typical first name. I assume it’s not trademarked?

What does Steve and others think about this before I actually add any repo to the organization.

1 Like

I like the idea, but there is already a devoted tools section in the new docs concept…

I am wondering if it will be harder or easier to manage one vs two repos…

https://hugodocs.info/tools

Steve owns the logos etc., and think it has been established in a discussion before that those are not in the public domain/with a free license etc. But @spf13 will have to answer about that.

That said, I’m not sure this is such a great idea.

• Having a GitHub organisation with a set of vetted tools means the tools must be moved into that organisation, which would be a hard sell to the most valuable Hugo tools out there.
  • A “web page” with vetted tools would be easier in this department, and the gohugo.io site is a natural fit.