HowTo: Deploying Hugo on S3 and Cloudfront

Sorry for the

hXXp links!

hopefully it should be very clear to replace the XX with tt

Hi, this looks very useful - but I can’t quite get it to work I get ?delimiter=&marker=&max-keys=1000&prefix=: unsupported protocol scheme it could well be something to do with IAM ( which not being a AWS user I’m not really sure what I’m doing as I can’t seem to attach it anywhere ) so I know you all are busy - but any ‘tips’ and ‘tricks’ would be appreciated?

I have a vague hunch that I have seen a similar error (incredibly bad error) and that that came from a AWS region mismatch, i.e.:

s3deploy -source=public/ -region=eu-west-1 -bucket=mybucket.com

So the region above must match the region where your S3 bucket is deployed. (look in the S3 properties for your bucket in

https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3

Thanks very much for that, however my region matches

$GOPATH/bin/s3deploy -bucket=shortnamebucket.com -key=xxxG5IGL6PDX6KTI6A -secret=pxxxxxxxxJhNYGe60NBN77lCrN/bAxPdeqgbsW -v -source=public/ -region=eu-west-2

error

Get /shortnamebucket.com/?delimiter=&marker=&max-keys=1000&prefix=: unsupported protocol scheme “”

Domain & keys altered of course

Any ideas?

Not sure, that was my best guess …

I have it working in several sites without any problems, i.e.

https://github.com/bep/docuapi/blob/master/circle.yml

OK interesting you are not passing API key & Secret

where are they are they preset in ~/.aws/credentials ?

No, they are secret …

I put them in the CI as environment variables:

Which I notice I should document in the README.

But I doubt that is your issue.

No its not my issue I agree. I ran them in the environment. I also tested using aws cp which works so i know permissions are good. The main value of your code is setting the cache - as I don’t think AWS has a way without API calls of doing it highly manually file by file.

I have a deployment process that works with Firebase which performs well.

I see yuo are using CircleCI on GitHub - is it good? I’m currently using GitLab with their CI

CirclecI is very very good.

Thanks very much for this tutorial @joseph.lust and for s3deploy @bep. I was able to get two of my sites transferred into s3 with cloudfront, without too much trouble today.