Force Build even if one content file causes issues

Hi everyone!

Basically I need a way to force Hugo to build a site even if one content file causes issues (and obviously just not build that file :D) or at the very least know how to add error handling to a heroku buildpack so that it doesn’t deploy. Because here’s my situation. I have a few people that update content but sometimes they make mistakes and they aren’t very technical, which causes problems when it breaks because I have to go in a fix it and the whole site goes down. If only the one page went down that would be awesome but currently it errors out and deploys a website that doesn’t work at all making all content unaccessible.

If anyone has any insight into a force build or something that would be awesome!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

From Hugo 0.16 any breaking error exits with an errorcode != 0

Perfect, thanks.

Also is there planned or maybe something to implement a force build, where content files aren’t built but the rest of the site is?

Thanks again!

Jeff

No plans. The definition of “broken” gets adjusted over time, but broken is broken …

Oh wow I realize that I just said something incorrect here. I meant to say if one content file is broken just don’t render it but still render the rest of the content files that work. But I assume the answer is the same unfortunately. Thanks for the answers though.