A customizable Hugo CMS

Hey folks, we’d love some feedback on a feature we just added to our Hugo CMS. See post here - Customize your CMS UI with Front Matter Templates.

In my WordPress days, I always hated how you couldn’t easily customize the UI and everything felt like a hacky work-around. With Front Matter Templates you can customize the presentation of your front matter fields in the UI of your CMS. We generate Front Matter Templates from Hugo Archetypes. Here are a couple of examples of things you can do:

Add help text:

Mark fields as hidden:

Change the field type

We’d love to know what you think.

1 Like

Tried it, works great! In fact we tried many, but Forestry was the only one that delivered without totally messing up our code! Actually, it barely touches the code. Using it together with Netlify and am very satisfied so far. Will be using it for the next site too. I have no affiliation to the service.

(But I’ll keep on pestering you about the ability to connect an image hosting service)

2 Likes

Haha, we’ll require a little more pestering (not much though, it’s on our roadmap). And we’re still hoping to touch the code even less.

Great to hear Scott! Keep up the great work :slight_smile: